Homes, condos and land for sale and rent in Westchester, LA
7305 Westlawn Avenue
5 / 5
6510 FIREBRAND Street
3 / 3
6077 West 75TH Street
3 / 2
8620 Lilienthal Avenue
3 / 2
7120 La Tijera Boulevard
2 / 1
8420 Bleriot Avenue
3 / 2
Westchester real estate for sale and rent:
|Residential for Sale||40||$1,446,322||$2,895,000|
|Residential for Lease||9||$5,372||$8,000|
Westchester, CA – Open Houses
Quick search for Residential in Westchester, CA:
It is the home of Loyola Marymount University, the Otis College of Art and Design, and Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnet Schools, formerly Westchester High School. Two notable examples of Googie-style architecture are located within the community. The Los Angeles International Airport takes up the southwestern portion of Westchester territory.
In 2010 whites made up 61.1% of the population, blacks were at 14.2%, Asians at 12.0%, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.3%, and others (including two or more races) at 11.9%. Those who identified themselves as Hispanic or Latino (of any race) were 18.2%.
In 2010, the mean family income (dollars) for the area was $135,026 and the median family income (dollars) was $106,302, both numbers high for the city. The percentages of families that earned more than $100,000 a year was 53.5%. Renters occupied 48.2% of the housing units, and homeowners occupied the rest. The average household size was 2.3 people, considered low for the city and county. The percentages of divorced men (8.6%) and divorced women (11.9%) were among the county’s highest.
The 2,000 census counted 3,055 military veterans, 9.2% of the population, considered a high percentage for the city of Los Angeles but about average for the county.
The main neighborhood’s boundary lines are, generally, on the east: north-south on La Cienega Boulevard or the Inglewood city line; on the south: east-west on the city boundary with El Segundo or Imperial Highway; on the west: north-south on Pershing Drive and Westchester Parkway, then roughly north-south on a series of residential streets west of Westchester High School to the Playa Vista neighborhood.
About 51.7% of Westchester’s residents had completed a bachelor’s degree or higher by 2010, a high figure when compared with the city and the county at large. The percentage of the residents who held a master’s degree or a doctorate was high for the county.
- Loyola Marymount University, 1 LMU Drive
- Otis College of Art and Design, 9045 Lincoln Boulevard
- Pepperdine University West Los Angeles Campus, 6100 Center Drive
Secondary and elementary schools:
- Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnet Schools, LAUSD secondary, 2400 West Manchester Avenue
- The Incubator School, LAUSD, 7400 West Manchester Avenue
- Westchester-Emerson Community Adult School, LAUSD, 8810 Emerson Avenue
- Carousel, private K-12 special education, 7899 La Tijera Boulevard
- Carousel–Airport Boulevard, private K-12, 8333 Airport Boulevard
- Orville Wright Middle School, 6550 West 80th Street
- St. Jerome Elementary School, private, 5580 Thornburn Street
- Cowan Avenue Elementary School, LAUSD, 7615 Cowan Avenue
- Westchester Lutheran School, private, 7831 Sepulveda Boulevard
- Open Charter Magnet School, LAUSD, 5540 West 77th Street
- Westport Heights Elementary School, LAUSD, 6011 West 79th Street
- Kentwood Elementary School, LAUSD, 8401 Emerson Street
- St. Anastasia Elementary School, private, 8631 South Stanmoor Drive
- Visitation Elementary School, private, 8740 South Emerson Avenue
- Loyola Village Elementary School, LAUSD, 8821 Villanova Avenue